The Michigan Street CIA spans the Michigan Street business corridor from Prospect Ave to Plymouth Ave.
Annual Activity Synopsis
The Michigan Street CIA does not have tax increment revenues which have not been expended within 5 years of their receipt.
Facade Improvement Program
Are you a commercial business owner or property owner within the Michigan Street Corridor Improvement Authority (CIA) Boundary? If so, you may be eligible to apply for the Michigan Street CIA Facade Improvement Program.
Development Support Policy
The Michigan Street CIA has a development support policy, which provides support for certain development projects that need significant public infrastructure investments and results in at least one of the following:
- Retention of permanent jobs
- Creation of permanent jobs
- Addition of residential units
- Creation of new greenspace available to the public
Download Policy(PDF, 111KB)
This committee focuses on streetscape, and public space design and improvements.
If you have an interest in joining a committee or learning more, please contact the Michigan Street CIA Corridor Manager.
The Michigan Street CIA meets monthly on the second Wednesday at 3:30pm.
Current Board Members
- Alexander Lamkin, Chair (Term Ends: 12/31/2023)
- Kevin Brant, Vice-Chair (Term Ends: 12/31/2025)
- Thomas Dann, Secretary (Term Ends: 12/31/2022)
- Commissioner Joseph Jones (Term Ends: 12/31/2023)
- Jeff Lobdell (Term Ends: 12/31/2024)
- Max Benedict (Term Ends: 12/31/2022)
- Christopher Swank (Term Ends: 12/31/2022)
- Vacancy (Term Ends: 12/31/2024)
- Vacancy (Term Ends: 12/31/2025)
Documents and Links
Kelsey Liebenow provides corridor management services to the Michigan Street CIA. Learn More
Well Design is working on a new website for the Michigan Street CIA. Learn More
The Michigan Street CIA is included in the City of Grand Rapids Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR).