Request for Proposals
The South Division-Grandville Corridor Improvement Authority is seeking proposals for the following contract positions.
- South Division-Grandville Corridor Facade Program Manager - RFP(PDF, 213KB)
- South Division Grandville Burton Heights Business Association Manager- RFP(PDF, 211KB)
The South Division-Grandville CIA encompasses two business districts in their development area: Grandville Avenue and South Division (from Hall to Colrain).
Annual Activity Synopsis
The South Division-Grandville CIA does not have tax increment revenues which have not been expended within 5 years of their receipt.
Facade Improvement Program
Are you a commercial business owner or property owner within the South Division-Grandville Corridor Improvement Authority (CIA) Boundary? If so, you may be eligible to apply for the South Division-Grandville CIA Facade Program.
Development Support Policy
The West Side CIA has a development support policy, which provides support for certain development projects that need significant public infrastructure investments and results in at least one of the following:
- Retention of permanent jobs
- Creation of permanent jobs
- Addition of residential units
- Creation of new greenspace available to the public
Download Policy(PDF, 115KB)
Download Supplemental Information (PDF, 195KB)
This committee focuses on streetscape, and public space design and improvements. This committee meets on the second Tuesday of the month.
Economic Vitality Committee
This committee supports the development of new or existing businesses. This committee meets on the first Tuesday of the month.
Burton Heights Business Association Committee
This committee is tasked with creating and cultivating a business association on South Division. This committee meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month.
Southwest Business Association Committee
This committee is tasked with cultivating the existing business association on Grandville Avenue. This committee meets on the second Wednesday of the month.
If you have an interest in joining a committee or learning more, please contact the South Division-Grandville CIA Corridor Manager.
The South Division-Grandville CIA meets monthly on the second Thursday at 9:00 am.
Current Board Members
- Leonard Van Drunen, Chair (Term Ends: 12/31/2022)
- Synia Jordan, Vice-Chair (Term Ends: 12/31/2025)
- Angelica Velazquez, Secretary (Term Ends: 12/31/2025)
- Amy Brower (Term Ends: 12/31/2025)
- Fran Dalton (Term Ends: 12/31/2022)
- Commissioner Kurt Reppart (Term Ends: 12/31/2025)
- Mary Dengerink (Term Ends: 12/31/2022)
- Marcel Price (Term Ends: 12/31/2025)
- Vacancy (Term Ends: 12/31/2025)
Documents and Links
The South Division-Grandville CIA has a contract with Progressive AE for technical consulting related to pedestrian safety improvements for the development area. Learn More
The South Division-Grandville CIA is included in the City of Grand Rapids Annual Comprehensive Financial Report.